Our practice focuses on assisting software businesses with legal services. We can work with you per-project or on retainer as your outside general counsel.
Even if you regularly work with a large firm, we can complement their services and provide you with a personal, practical approach.
Outside General Counsel
We’re a member of your team acting as your main Outside General Counsel, or working with a large firm that you have a current relationship with – helping you through transactional legal needs, including:
Contracts & Agreements
- Drafting and review of incoming and outgoing contracts, agreements, and policies – including those of your vendors, marketing agencies, influencers, customers, employees, independent contractors, etc.
- Review of your existing agreements and policies to identify and fill potential legal gaps,
- Drafting of all company policies and procedures, specifically for your business,
- Your point of contact in contract negotiations.
Corporate & Business Law
- Company formation,
- Amendments to Certificates of Incorporation,
- Equity setup and distribution,
- Work with tools such as Clerky and Carta as attorney point of contact,
- Employment agreements and offer letters,
- Corporate governance assistance,
- Venture capital & fundraising assistance,
- Research for business transactions,
- Terms of Service,
- SaaS, EULA, and Hybrid Agreements,
- Service Level Agreements,
- Internal Company Policies & Procedures,
- Trademark filing,
- Trade Secret protection,
- Licensing agreements,
- Connection with experienced Patent Attorneys.
Data Privacy and Compliance
- HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, and other regulations
- Helping you understand where you are vs. where you need to be.
- More details on our Data Privacy and Compliance page.
- C Corporation, Limited Liability Company, Public Benefit Corporations, Non-Profit Organizations, Joint Venture, or other entity filing and formation,
- Key Startup and Incorporation Documents – drafted, reviewed with you and customized for your startup.
- Advice through incorporation and set up process.
Venture Capital & Fundraising
- Assistance with your fundraising round: Pre-Seed, Seed, Series A and beyond.
- Term sheet review and negotiation,
- Corporate compliance assistance,
- Due diligence assistance,
- Closing documentation drafting and review.
- Comprehensive U.S. trademark search using using third party service for potential conflicts with existing trademarks (up to 5 classes),
- Detailed review of search results and full report,
- Attorney-drafted opinion letter on results,
- Preparation and submission of trademark application,
- Tracking of your application,
- General advice throughout the process.